Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fix delay when recording 2 midi instrmts at once

Discussion in 'Logic Wishlist' started by jwinch88, Mar 14, 2011.

1. jwinch88

jwinch88 New Member

This is really annoying.

3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

What is really annoying?

4. jwinch88

jwinch88 New Member

Sorry - looks like I posted the end of a rant. Here's the problem:
    I want to simultaneously record an EXS24 bass with my left hand and an EVP88 piano with my right.
    So I:
    check "Auto demix by channel...." in the "Settings/Recording/MIDI" page
    set each track to its correct MIDI channel
    arm both tracks to record
    select track 1 or 2 in the arrangement window
    record the two tracks, playing both hands together on the downbeat

The first note played on the un-selected track is always delayed noticeably, throwing my playing off. I have a couple of midi keyboards - they both do this. The only workaround I've found is to start the count-in a bar early and play a note with each hand to be thrown away.
    I'm using the latest version of Logic Pro 9 with an Apogee Duet.

5. Eli

Eli Senior member

It's because they both need to receive a MIDI message to go into "live" mode. What happens if you play some notes after you arm them, before you hit record?

6. jwinch88

jwinch88 New Member

The workaround seems to be to hit a mod wheel or something after pressing record and during the count-in, then go back and erase it. It's a pain.

7. Eli

Eli Senior member

What happens if you arm the tracks by pressing the R button, playing a few notes, and _then_ hitting record?

8. jwinch88

jwinch88 New Member

It only works if you play a few notes during the count-in, after you've hit record. Playing notes before hitting record doesn't help.