Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Flex time and Flex pitch switching question

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by edurbrow, Mar 5, 2014.

1. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

I moved the attack of some notes with flex time but when I switch back to Flex Pitch it jumps back to the way it was. I don't get it. How can I save Flex Time edits?
  3. pkm

pkm Member

You have to do one at a time. Do flex time, bounce in place, then flex pitch the new audio file
  4. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

So when I get that message saying 'do you want to suspend flex pitch?' when I switch to flextime, it remembers the pitch editing I've done, right? Or not? I can't remember though I've come up against it several times.
    So one should bounce in place before switching either way, eh?
    I wish I could cut up the audio into smaller regions and move them around to get the timing, but this seems very difficult among takes.
  5. michaelo

michaelo LUG Emeritus

why not make your timing adjustments in flex pitch?
  6. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

For 90% or more of circumstances that would be the way to go, I think. It would be good to be able to do it sometimes though. For example, when a whole phrase needs to be earlier or later. Also, I'll lose the pitch information if I switch to flextime, right? When switching to FlexTime after doing some FlexPitch and it says do you want to suspend Flex Pitch, does 'suspend' mean lose your pitch edits?
    A friend told me it is possible to move the bar in flex Pitch to change the position in a limited way.

I would be very interested to hear how others work. Do you have a formula? Do flex pitch or flex time first? Switch back and forth?