Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

focusrite interface not seen by Logic

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by dddeckard, Dec 19, 2014.

1. dddeckard

dddeckard New Member

So I updated my Mac Pro to Yosemite this morning. Unfortunately, I did this before realizing that I should have looked online for notices regarding whether this is a good idea or not at this time [December 19th, 2014].

Before I updated the O/S everything worked fine. But after I updated the O/S, Logic refused to see either my Saphire Pro 40, or the companion OctoPre MKII Dynamic. So I visited the Focusrite website and found an update for the Pro 40, but nothing for the OctoPre.

I'm able to see signal from a guitar I have plugged directly into one of the channels as indicated by the unit's input LED meters, so I know that it is not an internal interface issue. The problem as I see it, is that probably something driver related has changed within the Mac Pro itself, specifically with the O/S.

O/S: X Yosemite version 10.10.1
    Mac Pro: [late 2013]
    Processor: 3.7 Ghz Quad Core intel xeon E5
    Memory: 16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
    Logic: version 10.0.7

Has anyone else who uses these particular interfaces, or any other devices experienced a similar situation? If so Help!!!