Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 with Logic Pro X

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by nrand, Sep 5, 2013.

1. nrand

nrand New Member

With the purchase of my new iMac 3.2GHz quad-core my nearly new EMU 0404 USB audio interface is no longer useable. This frustration aside, I was considering upgrading to Pro X [from 9] and like the input features on the Saffire Pro 14. This would give me an extra two inputs apart from the mic pre's for my synths via a pair of Speck ASCs. [Up to now I had to repatch into the EMU when switching from acoustic instruments to synths]

Has anyone here had any experience with these Focusrites and Pro X who can comment? Or is there a better similar unit at this price point?

3. Rduer

Rduer New Member

I don't have the exact setup that you contemplating. I use a focusrite saffire pro 40 with a mac mini and it works great with logic 9 and logic pro X

4. jaz9090

jaz9090 New Member

Do you use the Saffire Pro 40 and Logic Pro X with Mavericks?

5. Rduer

Rduer New Member

Yep. Here are the versions I am using:

OSX 10.9.1

Logic Pro 10.0.5

Saffire MixControl 3.3

hth

6. pete5668

pete5668 New Member

I have a MOTU Ultralite which, like the Focusrite Saffire 40, uses FireWire 400. I cannot get Logic Pro X to recognize the Ultralite at all, despite having updated the drivers. Consequently, the sound that Logic generates is outputting through my laptop speakers instead of my monitors. I have the keyboard MIDI out plugged into an old Midiman midi interface, and my monitors are connected to the main outs on the MOTU. The keyboard is connected to inputs 1 and 2 on the MOTU. How do I get the Logic software instruments sounds to play through my monitors?