1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Footswitch problem with BCF2000

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by shannon aaron, Feb 26, 2012.

1. shannon aaron

shannon aaron New Member

Hi, I'm new here. Had a frustrating day. I've been using Logic 8 for a few years on an Imac with OSX 10.5.8. Just got a Behringer BCF2000 controller for Christmas. It's been a great addition for arranging and editing. Finally decided to try using a footswitch to punch in and out for recording. I attached a Live Wire LWS21 Universal single switch to the footswitch port on the Behringer and the record and play button in my arrange window began sort of chattering back and forth and the play head began recording in little start and stop bits of individual takes on the track. I tried to stop its epileptic recording by hitting the stop button and it continued recording for another 4-5 clicks. I've never had a problem like this, my computer has always been very stable. I am at a loss as to what to do and had to just pull the switch out in order to get any takes done this evening. Can anyone suggest what I might need to do or is there a certain procedure for configuring Logic to recognize the new controller and to learn its message? Is it possible that I need a dual switch, one to start the recording and toggle to the other to stop recording? Any help would be so appreciated, I had wanted to spend the day recording, not playing footsies!