Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Get to the top of the library

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by edurbrow, Feb 3, 2016.

1. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

How do you move "up" to see the tree structure of the library? For example, if I type 'flute' in the search box, 'Modern Flute Organ' comes up. I want to go up somehow so I can see the category Orchestra.
  3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Double-click on the Instrument library name if it appears (see Vintage Melletron in yellow rectangle), or double-click on your current patch selection (Flute) in attachment.

Attached Files:

4. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Couple of ways... here are two. You can directly go to any level up by clicking on the hierarchy path under the instrument icon, or you can scroll left or right using the mouse or scroll bars ( which may be hidden and invisible in OS X if you have that preference set - just put the mouse down here and they will show up.
    libnav.GIF libnav.GIF
  5. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

Thank you. I thought I posted a screen shot, but I guess I didn't. Yesterday, there was just one result for flute and there was no hierarchal path. Today it seems normal as shown above and below. Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 5.06.48 PM.png

I should have restarted before I posted. Sorry. And thanks.
  6. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Remember the library is context sensitive and is a function of where the little blue triangle is pointing to on the channel strip...
    Just an FYI - just in case....

blue triange.GIF .
  7. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

How can I remember when I never knew that? :) Wow, I never noticed that before. That was probably it. Thank you very much for that.
  8. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

You are most welcome!