1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Glitchy audio rec start.

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by FUBARd, Nov 11, 2011.

1. FUBARd

FUBARd Member

does anyone else have a problem w logic freaking out when starting to record audio? when i click record, the output cuts out so I cant hear what was previously recorded and sometimes it opens a take track w like 9 blank takes while the output timing glitches around for a sec and doesnt record. but if I try again after stopping and playing again, it works as normal. i must go through this every time I change rec tracks. :eeek: its totally killing the creative flow! how can I get a smooth transition from playback to recording? I'd really like some suggestions as to how to mitigate this. Thanks! :hippy:

I'm on a Mac Pro Nehalem 2.4Ghz w 14 gigs ram, ssd system disk w raid 0 (2split) file storage (and recording) and a rosetta 800 on FW. The glitchyness happens on both HDs.
  3. FUBARd

FUBARd Member

I think I've fixed the worst of this by selecting how many processors I have within logic under settings. Previously set to auto, I corrected to 8 processing threads (according to how many cores the computers' processor has) and now the crazy, unpredictable part is gone. But the Audio cutting out for a sec when beginning a recording or arming an audio track remains. Still cant figure that one out... It happened on the old G5 w L8 too. Anyone know how to cut that out?