Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Gm sounds as logic instrument?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Illogical Captain, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Illogical Captain

Illogical Captain New Member

Been trying to figure a way to access the 128 standard GM sounds as one of the logic instruments.
    Did the environment>midi instrument>QuickTimeSynth>connect "wire"> setup,
    It works, but only on a seperate new track as an external midi instrument. I'd like to be able to assign the GM sounds to my sequenced tracks, just like any of the onboard logic instrument sound list.

I guess what is the issue: is there any way to import or install the QuickTimeSynth to the logic instrument list?

Or another way to access GM sounds...the standard 128.?

I like the GM list, have sequenced lots of songs on my Roland X6, now transfering to logic, and there are some sounds (steel guitar, harmonica, a few others) that are just not part of any logic instrument, at least that I've found.
    LogicPro 9, MacBookPro

Thx for any answers.
  3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

4. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

As far as I remember I created a Logic Environment template for you (Apple DLS MD) which uses multiple Apple DLS software instances - here is the forum LINK. It allows you to choose different patches directly from the track inspector, use Program change, QT bouncing like the regular software instruments etc.
    Did you try that template ?

Hi CSeye,
    The Apple link you show behaves as GM Environment Player setup and is good for auditioning some GM songs or learning the Environment ect. Apple does not give any info about "Bouncing" the QT, so I doubt there is a way of bouncing (or recording) that setup without using third party utilities like soundflower etc (i.e QT behaves as external device in this scenario). That's why I recommend using the DLS MD combined with some environment setup I show in the link above.
  5. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Hi Tangra,
    Thank you for pointing to the optimal solution in this case, and for the link to your template which is an excellent addition to my environment toolkit.
    Best, wv
  6. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Hey Wv,
    I love your Garage band photos!
  7. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Thank you:thmbup:

Not as many distractions back then.. nor $ to buy gear.:(