1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics glitch opening mixer

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by lodvar@gmail.com, Nov 28, 2014.

1. lodvar@gmail.com

lodvar@gmail.com New Member

Hello people.

I have a strange problem in Logic. In my projects I can't op en the mixer without the graphics going totally haywire. Check out this video.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11274504/Mixer crash.mov

I run OSX 10.9.5
    The latest version of Logic Pro X (as of 10.28.2014)
    The latest drivers from UAD
    Alloy 2 (latest version)

My Mac is a Macbook Pro 17 Inch mid 2010, Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB Grapicas card.

Anyone have the same problem? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Rock on. Peace
    Bjorn L. Larsen
  3. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

That looks pretty serious. I don't see that on my 13" MBP, my iMac or my i5 2013 mini. I recall there is a class action suit under way against Apple for 15" and 17" MBP graphics problems. Maybe that is something to look into.
  4. lodvar@gmail.com

lodvar@gmail.com New Member

Hello! Thank you for the quick answer and I apoligize for my slow follow-up.

It occured to me that I had an upgrade to MLion and had Logic 9 running beside my Logic X installation. So, I backed up, did a clean install of Yosemite, Logic X and installed all au-plugins and driver. I opened the same projects that had this problem and lo and behold; problem GONE. ALL OK! Good news for me, since a new Mac was not financially within reach for a few months. Besides, I upgraded this thing with more RAM and an SSD to give it a few years more.

I don't know if it was the upgrade to Yosemite, the clean install or NOT running Logic 9 in parallell with X or what, but at least it fixed it. Guess it was time for a cleanup and reinstall anyway.