Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group buy notifications via email and/or PM?

Discussion in 'Discuss The LUG Site' started by jt3_jon, Mar 20, 2009.

1. jt3_jon

jt3_jon New Member

As a member of the old email version of LUG, I would occasionally get notifications via email of group buys (somehow I didn't get one about speakerphone, but I've moved on.) :tongue:

I was just curious if we will still get email notifications about group buys under the new forum system? Wouldn't want to miss one...AGAIN! :D

Thanks, and the new forums look GREAT!
  3. Orren Merton

Orren Merton Logic Samurai / Administrator Staff Member

Hi Jon,

That's a good question! Just between you and me (and everyone reading... ;) ) we are going to be running another group buy very very soon (Monday). More details soon! But to your question, we're still getting the last details sorted out, and that's definitely something I'll look into. The system definitely can send notification emails to you when you get a private message, or an answer on a thread you start, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is also a way that we administrators can send out important announcements. If there is, you may need to turn it on in your User CP area, but we'll be sure and send one out for group buys.

Thanks for bringing that up, I'll be sure and look into it! :thmbup:

And thanks for the compliment! :D

4. Michael Scheurer

Michael Scheurer New Member

Looking at some of the other forums I run you should be able to do a global pm to every member.
  5. Orren Merton

Orren Merton Logic Samurai / Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Michael, we figured it out. :thmbup: When our group buy officially opens on Monday, I'll make sure everyone gets notification.