Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group Buy suggestion = Radius

Discussion in 'Discuss The LUG Site' started by ttoz, Apr 8, 2009.

1. ttoz

ttoz New Member

sorry to go OT, but which would be the correct place to make a REQUEST for the next group buy?

(ADMIN: I have moved it here)

if anyone is wondering, it's radius. I think we all need it for logic, but it's way too much at $400(especially in these times)with no possiblity of buying it anywhere else other than direct download at izotope.
  3. Orren Merton

Orren Merton Logic Samurai / Administrator Staff Member

You can always ask! :) We'll follow up, but it may or may not be possible. In the case of iZotope specifically, their plug-ins are distributed by M-Audio, so they might have signed a contract that would prohibit such things. I really don't know.

So the bottom line is, we encourage suggestions, but since it's not up to us ultimately, we can't guarantee anything other than effort.

4. riverrun

riverrun New Member

Hi :)

I agree, the current price of Izotope Radius for Logic is too much.

It's integrated in Pro Tools LE, which makes 400 dollar for the Logic version a bit overpriced.

A group buy would be great and I'm sure it would be a huge success!

If there is a reasonable discount I would definitely buy!
  5. NorthSouth

NorthSouth New Member

Nice one tozz, would be great if LUG could investigate the possibility of getting a nice discount on Radius, I’m all for it. :thmbup:
  6. ttoz

ttoz New Member

Anyone else would want this??

I wonder if M-audio have any say in this since it's the only izotope product not offered out of their own website??
  7. Ginger

Ginger Member

How much cheaper than list price do these group buys normally come out?
  8. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

It varies, depending on what the developer wishes or is prepared to negotiate with us. While we usually aim for a best discount of around 40% or (not always possible) better with software, due to manufacturing, logistical and other costs, hardware (we did a group buy with metric halo in 2006 for their superb audio interfaces) cannot be discounted by this amount.

FYI, here is a list of previous group buys:

kind regards

9. George Kunz

George Kunz New Member

I'd like to suggest Omnisphere as a goup buy.
  10. b-pole

b-pole Member

I would be interested in a group buy of iZotope Radius for Logic, too.

$ 399,00 seems to high for me, too.
  11. b-pole

b-pole Member

I bought Ozone 4, recently.

So I decided today to write to the iZotope support and asked for a group-buy.

I will keep you informed about the answer as soon as possible.
    Perhaps we could count the persons who are interested in the product already?

12. riverrun

riverrun New Member

Nice one b-pole!
  13. b-pole

b-pole Member

14. b-pole

b-pole Member

all dreams are gone.

we have to accept that, sorry.
  15. riverrun

riverrun New Member

Thanks anyway b-pole.

I think I will wait some months to see if Logic 9 is coming out and includes Radius or another good pitch algo.