1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guitar Amp Pro

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by HKC, Sep 11, 2013.

1. HKC

HKC Senior member

Hmm I have a client who finished a record here last year and he used the guitar amp pro a lot. Now the client is back and I have just realised that it has gone in X.
    I wondered what would happen if I opened one of the old songs (in Logic X, created in Logic 9) and it turns out that in those it's still there under "Legacy". That sub-menu is not there going straight into Logic X, is there a way to get it in there or do we have to make an autoload created in Logic 9 if we want to use it during this next project.

PS I know that many would say that the amp modeller is far superior and I agree but the client has a strange love for this particular one which he refers to as "the yellow one" so what can you do :)
  3. Orren Merton

Orren Merton Logic Samurai / Administrator Staff Member

Hold down the option key when opening the plug-ins menu, and you'll get the Legacy sub-menu.

4. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

Orren beat me to it....
    The Option key is your friend.
  5. HKC

HKC Senior member

6. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Is there a way to always make the Legacy' plugins visible in the selectors?
  7. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Legacy is always a visible item in the Settings pop up and Library.

But it looks like option-click is required in the Audio Fx slot. Once GAP or similar legacy plug-in is inserted, all of it's presets do appear in the Library.

However, I can save it to a Channel Strip folder but the legacy preset will not appear.