Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Guitar Rig & Logic 9

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by stumannix, Jun 17, 2010.

1. stumannix

stumannix New Member

As a seasoned user of Guitar Rig from the begining I hknow it intimately & have decided to use it on stage.
    My situation is....I'm using Logic to run my backing tracks with Guitar Rig running on another track in Logic.
    My Guitar Rig presets are totally dissimilar. So as a result, using track automation to 'turn on & off' certain effects/modules is not a practical solution.
    My problem is...I want to change my Guitar Rig PRESETS in Logic 'track automation'

Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

I am at my whit's end.

3. Orren Merton

Orren Merton Logic Samurai / Administrator Staff Member

I saw your other post about wanting to have playback stop automatically as well.

Here's my suggestion:

Use Mainstage 2, which is included with Logic Studio. Mainstage is designed from the ground up to be used in Live situations. This will let you do a few things:
    1) Set up a "concert" with different channel strips, each channel strip with it's own Guitar Rig preset. You can then use your MIDI footpedal, mouse, etc. to change presets.
    2) Set up channel strips with the "playback" software instruments. These will play your backing tracks when you hit play, stop them when you hit stop (again, foot controllable, etc.). You don't need to worry about Mainstage itself "stopping" since unlike Logic, there's not a transport running.

Hope that helps,