Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware recommendation for PC user planning to change

Discussion in 'Mac OS' started by jhughs, Jul 9, 2013.

1. jhughs

jhughs New Member

I've been using Cakewalk SONAR on a PC for years. I'm considering jumping to Mac & Logic, but I'm unsure about what hardware to get. The conflict is that I travel a bit, so I'd like to get a MacBook Pro to do a little mixing on the road. But then I worry it might not have the capacity to support several tracks (20 or so with drum tracks), some with multiple takes, software effects, etc.

So the basic question is: Will a MacBook Pro support Logic with moderate sized projects, or should I just get MacMini or iMac?

Thanks in advance for your advice and support. I look forward to joining you all in the not too distant future.

3. Orren Merton

Orren Merton Logic Samurai / Administrator Staff Member

A MacBook Pro would definitely support moderate to large sized Logic projects. You might want to get a second drive for your audio projects but you could use only your system drive if you had to.

Orren

4. mt100uk

mt100uk Senior member

Hi I've used a MacBook Pro (17"/2009) for many years and I don't think you'll have any problems with moderately high track counts regarding the CPU. I would echo the recommendation for a 2nd hard drive though!

5. jhughs

jhughs New Member

Thanks to you both. That gives me the confidence to move forward.
    That's a good tip on the 2nd drive for audio data (that's how I have my desktop PC set up with a dedicated drive for media), so I should plan for that.
    I was thinking too I should set up a larger screen for when I'm at home.
    Thanks again.