1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Hardware Synths

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Reverie, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Reverie

Reverie New Member

Hey not sure if anyone can help me. I bought a couple of synths and trying to connect them into Logic 8.

The devices I have are a Virus C, Edirol UA-20 MIDI/Audio interface, Behringer Mixer, and a Macbook Pro.

Currently the Virus MIDI in/out is going into the interface. The audio outs of the Virus are going to the mixer. Then the audio outs of the mixer are going back into the interface. (hope that makes sense!)

I have a cable going from MIDI thru of my Virus to the MIDI in of another Roland synth. This doesn't really matter so much because it doesn't change my problems in Logic.

In Logic I have created a new layer in the Environment. I have a 'Multi Instrument' and a 'Sequencer Input'. In the Arrange window I have created an External MIDI Track. I am able to play the synths and hear them in Logic. I can record MIDI data but here's my problem:

The External MIDI Track can't be routed anywhere and I can't add any plugins because there are no inserts. There must be a better way of doing this. Can anyone help?

:brkwl:

3. JuanTahnahmahrah

JuanTahnahmahrah Senior member

Create a software instrument track and copy your MIDI track over to it. Then load a software instrument, along with a preset, to play back your MIDI.

4. FUBARd

FUBARd Member

I always do it the stupid proof way and keep different midi channels on different midi tracks. That way you can route them individually. Remember the more individual channels, the more control over the sounds/layers. Just remember to have the separate patches on separate midi channels. You do have midi out from the interface going into your external gear, right? o_O