1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Having issues with faders randomly linking and selecting tracks. I'm going crazy!

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by PaulH, Aug 29, 2016.

1. PaulH

PaulH New Member

Ok, several issues. First, some of my faders in the track view have decided to link themselves together so that when I move one in the track view, it moves them All. But, it's not doing it consistently, but they're not linked from the mixer view When I move them from there. But sometimes they are! Bizzarre.

Another issue: I copy a short midi clip, make sure nothing else is highlighted, set the play head at the first bar, paste, and it pops up on top of another track at the 121st bar. I'm about to lose my cool here. Repeatedly tried and it kept doing it until I pasted it to the wrong track and then drug it up to it. Any idea why it's doing that, what function is on that's making that happen? I think it might be linked to my next issue, below...

Before when I clicked on a track number, it highlighted the entire track. Now in this project it's highlighting everything in every track if I click on track one! It has to be something that I accidentally did, but I can't for the life of me get it to stop.
    I'm seriously frustrated enough at this point to toss Logic and go back to sonar, or just get Protools. Coming from Sonars work flow, Logic is pretty frustrating to use and little things like this are pushing me farther. Going Mac was a great move, but Not so sure about Logic at this point though. please please help me if you know what I've done so that I can make it stop.

Thanks

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Sounds to me like maybe you have a multi timbral instrument setup with all the tracks for to individual channels showing in th mixer. They behave together since they are all associated with the same instrument.

Maybe you have another editor window "on top" that has focus?

Are they grouped? Are they all part of a track stack?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2016