Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 HD overload

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by jabo, Sep 25, 2015.

1. jabo

jabo Member

Hey Y'all -
    Can anyone help with a hard drive issue? I've just built and started to mix a session with about 30 tracks, basic instrumentation. A few Aux tracks, compressors and EQs on every channel. I keep getting the error for "system resources too slow". I've frozen every track and still no go. Any ideas? Help!
    Thanks.
    Jabo

3. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

I would be easier to answer if you supply some basic information about your computer, RAM, hard drives, etc. Also try running Activity Monitor while this is happening, and look at the various measures it gives you to get more specific information about what resources are being taxed.

4. jabo

jabo Member

Hey Bayswater -
    Thank you for your reply. I'm using an iMac 2010, Yosemite, 250G hard drive, 3.5 TB worth of external drive space, 8MB RAM. I know that hard drive space is dinky, but I don't store much of anything on the computer. I was able to get it working yesterday after dropping the session on the actual computer instead of running it from my 2TB drive. I believe it was the slow USB 2.0 that was the problem. However, any suggestions you might have as to conserving resources and best computer scenerios would be much appreciated!

Thanks again.
    Jabo

5. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

I think your iMac is a slightly newer version than mine. I have been using the FW800 port for my audio drive for years and it has not presented any problems, and for a long time, I even ran the a FW audio interface on the same connection.. USB 2 might be able to handle 30 tracks in theory, but for me the FW port works much better. The other obvious question: how big is your buffer? Since you're mixing, you can make it as big as possible and gain some efficiency there.

6. jabo

jabo Member

I agree. What would you suggest for buffer?

7. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

When mixing, just make it as big as it will go. It might depend on your interface.

8. bambony

bambony Administrator Staff Member

As you have found out keep song files on your "dinky drive" and back it up once finished. Buffer up to maximum for mixing is also good advice...

Tony