1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Hearing audio in Sample edit window

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by bryannew, Nov 23, 2015.

1. bryannew

bryannew New Member

Hi,

having an issue with monitoring the audio in the sample edit window.
    Up until recently, whenever i used the little speaker preview icon in this window, I was able to hear the audio
    "raw" - no plugs or FX. The preview output has always defaulted to audio channel 256 and this has been fine for me.
    Recently, whenever I preview the audio, it has been coming out of whichever channel the clip is assigned to
    in the arrange page - complete with any plugs and FX. I have not knowingly changed anything that would cause this and would like to have it back previewing out of channel 256. I can find no way of altering the "new"
    output. Any help, please?

Thanks.

3. bambony

bambony Administrator Staff Member

Hi

Is channel 256 visible in your environment window?

Tony

4. bryannew

bryannew New Member

Tony,

yes, channel 256 is in my environment window - although I don't have it in my arrange window (never needed to).
    Thanks for replying. Strange one this, I have no idea what has changed...

5. bambony

Hi

Is this the case for all songs or some songs?

Tony

6. bryannew

bryannew New Member

Tony,

yes, all songs - old & new (including creating a fresh, new project from the "file" drop down menu).
    I have also tried switching to the built in Mac audio device - didn't make a difference.
    Another thing I notice is that the volume slider in the sample edit window, when moved, no longer moves channel 256 fader, as it used to do. When I get a moment, I am going to try using an earlier OS system drive and then loading a session - this is the only thing I have changed recently (moved from 10.8 to 10.9). Think that would have an effect?

Thanks, Bryan

7. bambony

hmmmm... not sure how a change in OSX could do this...

Tony

8. bryannew

bryannew New Member

Couldn't agree more, just out of ideas for this one. Before I do the OS change I will try trashing preferences.
    I also have LogicX installed. Will I have to trash Logic 9 and X preferences?