1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Help: problem with "ghost track" weirdness

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Beatlefreek, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Beatlefreek

Beatlefreek Member

Hello all.

I have several tracks of different takes of an electric piano (midi). I'm only using one of these tracks as the keeper for now. All other takes have been muted, frozen, and hidden. The track is track 17. When looking at the Arrange window, I see the track along with its midi information, volume and muting automation, etc. Everything looks as it should.

However, when I play the song, I see in the far left-hand corner of the track (where the name and number of the track is) the little volume meter moving left and right as the volume of the recorded piano increases or decreases, as it should. But ... there is also this grey box around the volume meter that flashes when the song is playing, and it also flips back and forth between indicating track 17 and track 16.

Also, when the track is playing, I notice just below it, in a different track location (track 19), another volume meter bouncing away. There is no instrument indicated in the box, and on the track itself, no midi information, volume information, nothing. When I undo the Hide option, I see all the various takes and see that track 19 is (supposedly) muted, frozen, and hidden. So is track 16. When I play the song in the unHidden mode, the grey flashing box around the volume meter on track 17 no longer appears. When I put everything back into Hide mode, the flashing grey box is back again.

Obviously this is all connected somehow, but I haven't got a clue what is going on or how to fix it. Please help.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015