1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 HELP: track input meter "bleed through"

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Beatlefreek, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Beatlefreek

Beatlefreek Member

Let me try this again. I posted before (with no response) under the heading "Help: problem with 'ghost track' weirdness". But I want to put it another, simpler way ... to perhaps better clarify what it is I'm experiencing.

In the ARRANGE window on a midi keyboard track, the input/volume meter (to the far left of the track), "bleeds through" onto the track immediately below it, whether there is anything on the track below or not. In other words, the input/volume meter duplicates itself onto the adjacent track.

So, for example, if the keyboard is on, say, track 15, I can see the input meter move with the rise and fall of the volume of the keyboard, but I see the same input meter appear and move around in track 16. Like I say, regardless of whether there is anything on track 16 or not.

This "ghost" input meter appears only when I hit "Play" and disappears when I hit "Stop".

Any ideas as to what's going on here and, more importantly, how to fix it? Thanks.

3. bambony

bambony Administrator Staff Member

Hi

In your example does it also record/play on Track 16? It might be a visual coding glitch. Are there any issues with recording/playback?

Tony

4. Beatlefreek

Beatlefreek Member

Thanks for the reply. No, there doesn't appear to be any other issues with recording/playback, per se. However, if you read my previous thread on this very same issue, Help: problem with "ghost track" weirdness, I did mention that there is also this grey box (or border) around the keeper track volume meter that flashes when the song is playing. But that doesn't seem to affect recording/playback in any way either.

It could be a visual coding glitch, but my gut tells me it has something to do with the way these midi keyboard tracks were either recorded or saved.

As I mentioned before, there are multiple midi keyboard takes (takes 1 through 15). I'm only using one as the "keeper". When I unhide all the midi keyboard tracks, the "bleed through" (or "ghost track") volume meter and the flashing grey border don't appear. They only appear when the unused tracks are hidden. I've checked to see if any unused tracks were not muted before hiding them, but they're all muted (and frozen).

Could there be a take (among the many takes that were attempted on this session) that is somehow coupled with my keeper keyboard track (or one of the other keyboard tracks for that matter), and somehow not properly separated into its own track and therefore "hiding" in amongst the multiple takes?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  5. Beatlefreek

Beatlefreek Member

Well, just in case anyone is still interested in this :) , I found the problem ... or rather I had two kids (lol) find the problem for me. It was a glitch, but a glitch (as I suspected) in the way it was recorded. There was a hidden take, indeed multiple hidden takes, beneath the actual take I was using as the keeper.

Once everything was unfrozen and all tracks expanded — and by that, I mean via that little arrowhead just below the input meter on any given track — it became immediately obvious that some how, some way, multiple takes had been collapsed (and thus hidden) in the keeper keyboard track.

After having found the offending takes, they were just simply deleted. Problem solved.

6. bambony

bambony Administrator Staff Member

I am glad all is resolved!

Tony

7. Beatlefreek

Beatlefreek Member

Thanks, Tony.