Logic Pro (X) help with project consolidation please?

peterlemer

Logician
As I understand it, if I have a project open and choose 'consolidate' then provided I have checked 'audio' in the dialog everything that makes that project run is packed into a package.

Yet I have just consolidated a project and the audio files are in an external audio folder.

How does this work?

I want to Consilidate an album'sworth of tracks for compiling, and the materials are all over the place

pete

Atals: thanks.
In this current project, the files were not copied into the package. They remained in the enclosing folder as an audio folder.
I need to understand how to control this as I have 12 projects to consolidate.

pete

Upvote 0
Try doing a "Save As" from under the file menu, and make sure that in the "Organize my project as" section Package is chosen instead of Folder (as well as any other asset options you want acted upon). I don't think there is a way to change this particular aspect of an existing project from the Assets window in Project Settings.

Upvote 0
Thanks Eli. Have done that with current project. What, then, does 'Consolidate' do?

And is there a utility that will trawl my projects folder and reveal duplicates?

Upvote 0
Consolidate does integrate all the used assets in the asset classes that are enabled for inclusion. But there doesn't seem to be a way to change the project format from folder to package.

Not sure about a utility to search for duplicates. But you can go into the Project Audio Browser and invoke the "select unused" command to identify what isn't being used in the Workspace Area.

Upvote 0
Back