1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hollywood Strings Download Problem.

Discussion in 'Mac OS' started by Tux, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Tux

Tux Member

Greetings,

I have done a silly thing. I bought the Hollywood Strings (HS) Gold edition before I realized that it is a 312 GB download.
    Not having 312 GB on an internal drive I moved some libraries onto an external drive leaving me with an internal drive with 352 GB available.
    I tried downloading to the desk top for 5 hours but I was getting incomplete and 0 KB downloads so I stopped trying.
    Question 1 - When downloading the zip files do you need to have enough room for both the zip files and the unzipped files. In this case (312 GB X 2) 624 GB?
    Question 2 - Should I download the zip files to an external drive (5400 rpm) and unzip them to my internal drive?
    My thanks for any advice.

Tux

3. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

1. No, not until you decide to unzip the files. Then you will unless you copy the zip files to another drive.

2. You do not under any circumstances want to try to run Hollywood Strings from a 5400 drive. At least a 7200 is required and an SSD is even better.

4. Tux

Tux Member

Hollywood Strings Download Problem

Jay,

Good advice.
    Downloaded and installed and authorized.
    Thanks a lot.

Tux