1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X How can I assign a MONO bus to a stereo Aux track?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by afavreau, Oct 2, 2015.

1. afavreau

afavreau Senior member

Why don't my Stereo Aux tracks have MONO busses assign to them in its I/O?
    I Can only assign Stereo busses but I would like to place a mono bus to it's I/O.

Thanks for your help

3. afavreau

afavreau Senior member

Ok. I know now that I have to start with a Mono Aux track and that it's only when you put a Stereo FX that it will become stereo on an single Aux Track.

But now, I'm wondering how to select a mono bus on the output on a mono audio track? Mine can only output through a Stereo bus. Thanks.

4. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Can you post a screen shot of what you are referring to?

5. afavreau

afavreau Senior member

6. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

I don't have a clue. Can you upload your project. Now I want to know why?

7. afavreau

afavreau Senior member

8. afavreau

afavreau Senior member

Or by zipping and uploading it here. This is My Default template with which I start all my sessions. It has the same problem. But actually, even my other templates that come with Logic are like that. However, I see guys on Youtube that have MONO busses on their outputs with mono and stereo audio tracks.

Attached Files:

9. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Hmmmm. When I open it - they all come up in mono... Tried in both 9 and X.....
    This is above my pay grade.,. So I need some help from those more experienced...

10. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Can you (as a test) set your audio input and output in preferences to built in and see if that has any effect? Also in your drop down if you scroll the the entire list - are there mono busses to select from anywhere?
    At airport so can't check anything now

11. afavreau

afavreau Senior member

Really? Wow. For me, on both my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro, they only come up in stereo. (one is a clone of the other though). And it's the same for all my templates provided by Logic

12. afavreau

afavreau Senior member

No mono MONO busses anywhere in the scroll down, The last one is Bus 63-64.
    Could it be something in my preferences? That could explain why we see differently.

13. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Possibly.... That is why I wanted you to try the built in output interface

14. afavreau

afavreau Senior member

GOT ITTTT!!!!!!! In audio preferences, Universal Track Mode has to be activated! No idea what that thing is, but it works.

Thanks for your help. Your questions led us in the right direction.

15. afavreau

afavreau Senior member

Oups! Now I only have access the MONO, no stereo anymore. Is that normal?

16. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Just to add to this thread, apparently Universal Track Mode is always on in LPX, whereas it can be enabled or disabled in L9.

A thought: You could route your send (from the stereo source track?) to a mono aux whose mono bus out is sent to the stereo aux. Kind of like the days of a hardware mixer and patch bays.

Peter O. posted something mono/stereo issues in Logic Pro X
    http://www.logic-users-group.com/forums/threads/mono-output-channel-strip-issues.8130/