Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X How can I assign different control surfaces to different instruments?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by virtualpt, Feb 9, 2016.

1. virtualpt

virtualpt New Member

Hi All,

In Reason there is the ability to lock a control surface to a particular instrument. I am trying to do the same thing in Logic X, but am struggling to find a simple, understandable way to do this - LOL

I want to be able to assign different control surfaces to different instruments & also have one floating that controls the selected track.

eg. My Padkontrol to Spark2 drum machine.
    M-Audio Oxygen to Monark
    Acorn Masterkey 25 to Serum
    Nektar Panorama floating (to control selected track).

Many thanks
    Paul

3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I'm not at Logic right now so please excuse me if one or two details aren't quite right. By default an instrument accepts any MIDI channel.

So if you set one controller to transmit on e.g. channel 5, select the instrument for that controller and in the inspector change All to 5.

Sounds too simple doesn't it?, so I'll test it later.

4. virtualpt

virtualpt New Member

Hi Pete,

Thanks I'll give this a try. It might be a partial workaround, however I'm not sure how I keep the floating one to control any track. In Reason this is a right-click, lock control surface to track. I wish it was this easy in Logic :)

Thanks
    Paul

5. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

It may well be, but I don't use any control surfaces so I can't help much more, hopefully someone will be along soon who can

6. virtualpt

virtualpt New Member

Thanks Pete :)