1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I delete an instrument that keeps crashing LPX?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Radley, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Radley

Radley New Member

It's called Ample Guitar M(artin) Lite by Ample Sound - I have searched & deleted everything I can find but it still shows up in the Audio Units manager and crashes the Aqua Tool :confused: I want to finally be completely rid of this troublemaker, and get it out of my AU list!

Thanks in advance...

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Plug-ins are stored in your Mac Hard Drive>Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>Components folder.

Quit Logic, then drag the offending plug-in from this location to your desktop or Trash.

Restart Logic. It will no longer show up in the AU manager.

4. Radley

Radley New Member

Thanks, but I have removed everything that seems to be related to Ample Guitar M Lite & Ample Sound in the components Æ’ and every place else I know to look, and it still shows up in the au list and crashes the au tool. Since it is considered an 'instrument', is there other places I should look? Some of the names of the plugs in the component Æ’ are pretty nondescript - is it possible it is named something totally unrelated?

5. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Did you also look in the user Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>Components?

The Plug-ins>Components folder has easy to identify plug in names. You'er not by chance looking in the Library>Components folder???

Try the free AppCleaner.

6. Radley

Radley New Member

App Cleaner requires the App to clean the remaining stuff - *I have already deleted the app and it's folder*, but obviously some culprit remains to mess up my AU scan. I think I need to post this on some other boards - there's got to be a logical answer.

7. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

You can try to trash the AU cache
    User/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache

Good luck.

8. Radley

Radley New Member

Thanks - Would trashing the AU cache make me lose all the presets I've programmed within my AU components?

9. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

No.

But it will rescan all of your plug-ins which may take a few minutes...

10. Radley

Radley New Member

Solved!

The Solution: I was not aware that there are two different libraries in the Mac OS, and different components get stored in different libraries - once I looked in the other library, I found the culprit! :)