Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 How can I export various takes from same track?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by afavreau, Apr 3, 2013.

1. afavreau

afavreau Senior member

I recorded a bunch of vocal takes that are now ready to be comped. I would like however to send them to another guy by the net for him to create comp.

Is there a way to export all of this? What is the best way to approach this?

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Depending on Project file size, you could:
    1. create a new empty project, then in the Browser tab, navigate to the source project file, select it, then click Import. Click in the Content column for the audio track(s) that contain the Comp file. Click Add. The Comp region will appear in the new project. Zip it and upload it. (You could include a stereo bounced selection of the backing tracks)

2. Or zip and upload the entire project file in order to hear the comp region in the musical context. (Nice if the backing tracks are MIDI played by Logic instruments)

A long winded version of #1:
    -Click the downward triangle at the right end of the comp region.
    Select "Unpack to New Tracks"

Select all of the newly added audio regions on their respective tracks, then in the Arrange Local Audio menu, select "Convert Regions to New Audio Files".

Place the new audio files in a folder, zip and upload.

The other person can import these audio files to separate tracks, select them and use the Arrange Local Region menu>Folder>Pack Take Folder.

Hope this all makes sense.
  4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Is the other person using Logic?