Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 How can I make the "grid" in score and piano roll give more contrst?

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by David51, Apr 1, 2009.

1. David51

David51 Senior member

HI - I have bad eyesight and tried the 'bright' option but the contrast between whitish and white was too hard to see; does anyone know if it's possible to get more contrast for the grids in all window editors,but mainly score and piano roll?
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi David,

In the main Logic preferences, go to Display - and then "Other", From there you can customize the colors of the Piano Roll editor separately for the white keys and black keys, and thus create as much of a contrast as you want.

As far as the Score Editor, you can customize the colors based on notes, pitch, velocity, etc. But I don't think you can change the actual background. Although the customization that is available should allow you to create some sort of a contrast that hopefully will help. Check out File --> Project Settings --> Score and then go to the Color tab. You have lots of customizable options there.

Good luck.
  4. David51

David51 Senior member

Thanks Eli!!, I have discovered that the horizontal stretch slide button at lower right piano roll corner was either missing at that moment or I had missed it-I knew it should be there [I use it in the score editor] and now it is. I had already seen and used the "customize beat and division line contrast sliders and moved them to 100%-now that the slider is there everything is easy to see. Do you know if the length of a note in the piano roll is shown in the yellow info box that appears when click holding a note?
  5. Eli

Eli Senior member

Yes, it is displayed to the right of the yellow info tag. It shows you how long the note is, not the position it ends at.
  6. David51

David51 Senior member

MIDI note length in yellow box?

Thanks again Eli, I will look for that info in the manual about where the length is displayed-your help was very much appreciated, thanks again for the quick reply, we are not even on the same continent much less time zone and I have a strong feeling that just as I'm cleaning up work for the day, the rest are just getting started.