1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i get audio in stereo

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Ian Hurst, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Ian Hurst

Ian Hurst New Member

Hi guys - new to this so bear with me !! ;)
    I have logic x and a scarlett 2i2 interface.
    When i use the mic and audio input its only on the righthand channel in the channel strip.
    I'm sure i'm being dim...but how do i make it stereo. It says stereo output in the Inspector window and i've spent several hours trying to figure it out :eeek:

Hurstie:):):):)

3. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

Your source is not stereo, set the output to mono to hear it in both channels, then you can pan it.

:thmbup:

4. Ian Hurst

Ian Hurst New Member

Thanx gdoubleyou.....im gonna give that a go when i get a chance to play next!!
    :D

5. Ian Hurst

Ian Hurst New Member

Hi guys - just tried setting my output to mono in 'inspector'.
    I can't see a mono choice so tried 'no output' and it made no diff when i pan.
    The playback from the audio track is only in the right channel - so i guess theres a way to get it out of both?
    I'm sure i'll get the hang of this eventually!!!

6. Eli

Eli Senior member

It sounds like you are using a stereo audio track for a mono recording (you are only using one mic). The soloution is to use a mono audio track when you are recording with just one mic. Leave the output set to stereo, it will get routed to both left and right sides equally.

7. Ian Hurst

Ian Hurst New Member

Ok Eli i'll try that next !!

Thanx for your reply

:)