Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 How do I open AU plugins in Logic Studio 8?

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by ganjamann, Feb 28, 2010.

1. ganjamann

ganjamann New Member

I know it's a stupid question, but how do i open Audio Units in Logic 8? Ive been on PC my whole life and been on FL Studio for 6 yrs and now im using logic 8 on mac. Opening vsts is very easy in FL Studio, i feel like an idiot i can't figure this out. Someone help please!

3. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

This is a strange question and since AU plugins
    can be opened in any effect- or instrument slot,
    I feel an irresistible impulse to show you this:

:rtfm:
    But maybe you miss something basic:
    How did you install your AU plugins?

4. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

- and please let us know which Plugins, their names and, (very important!) version numbers.

kind regards

Mark

5. ganjamann

ganjamann New Member

well for instance, i downloaded the free native instruments kore player and installed it as a standalone and AU, now i can access it as a standalone in my applications folder. As for inside logic, when i open a blank project im wondering how to access those au plugins like kore player and open them as tracks. any help would be appreciated

6. alienimplant

alienimplant Senior member

Create an Instrument track. In the fader, look for the I/O section. Click and hold the top (input) slot. A droplist will appear. At the bottom of the list is a sublist with your Audio Units. By the way, you should probably try reading the manual for basic functions of Logic. You can get to the manual under the Help menu at the top of the screen.

7. ganjamann

ganjamann New Member

thank u sir, ahhh its all coming together now!

8. alienimplant

alienimplant Senior member

9. ganjamann

ganjamann New Member

wow that exs24 is mighty impressive for a stock synth

10. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Well, "stock synth" is not a cheap thing in this case. Logic is famous for it's good instruments and effects.