1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 How do you initialize presets in logic instruments?

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Tempteh, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Tempteh

Tempteh New Member

Hi everyone. I like logic presets, but is there any quick way to initialize the preset to zero?
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Usually each instrument has a preset called "default" as the first preset in the preset list. That will return their settings to their "default" state.

TIP: You can overwrite the "default" preset with whatever settings you like, and have the instrument open up with that setting each time you call it up.
  4. Maurits

Maurits Member

..and if you're talking about channel strip presets, there is a "clear channel strip settings" at the top of the strip presets list.

5. Tempteh

Tempteh New Member

There's still a lot of modulations going on in them default presets. I have to reset them manual and save, couldn't find how u do it in the channel strip
  6. Eli

Eli Senior member

Could you be more specific? Which instrument in particular are you talking about? Is it a channel strip setting, or simply a preset for an instrument that you are referring to?
  7. Tempteh

Tempteh New Member

for example es2 and sculpture
  8. Eli

Eli Senior member

Well, other than choosing the "default" patch from the preset list, adjust it with the settings as you like, and then re-save it with the name "default". It will then open in that state every time you call up a new instance.
  9. Tempteh

Tempteh New Member

Thanks for replies
  10. Mehdi

Mehdi New Member

For the ES2, go to tutorial setings folder on the preset menu and load the analog saw init preset. As it says, it's a 1 saw osc, filter fully open no mod no env no lfo etc ...
    You have a default ES2 fm patch etc ...

For Sculpture I don't remember the folder name (not in front of Logic now) but there's a default preset (I think there's a tutorial folder as well).

For the ES1, there's a pure synth patch, which is an init I use for crafting sounds.