1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 How does PL9 work in Mavericks?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by georgelegeriii, Oct 29, 2013.

1. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

I am working with a composer who uses Logic Pro 9 in his composing music for movies. He has a very large template (almost 450 tracks, allot are disabled so it closer to 150 open and working tracks). We have been able to use PL9 in Mac OS 10.6, and 10.7, as well as 10.8.5.

He would like to go up to Mavericks and try out Logic Pro X, but he wants to make sure PL9 still works fine.

So my question: does anyone have experience using Mavericks and PL9 in a working situation with allot of possible tracks, VEPro, etc?

Also, does anyone know which plugins don't work with Mavericks? Is there a list somewhere I can access that you can refer me to?
  3. EastWest Lurker

EastWest Lurker Senior member

LP X is great but I would not trust LP X/Mavericks yet for important paying work. Kontakt is having some issues with big templates under it and there are scattered reports of other plug-ins having issues. Plus LP X itself it still somewhat buggy.
  4. ignatius

ignatius New Member

you don't need mavericks to use LPX.. it works just fine in 10.8.5

no reason to go for mavericks if you don't have to.
  5. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Be careful about projects loaded from LP9 into LPX as they are apparently no longer compatible with LP9 afterward...