Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 How to assign "Transform" functions to Key Commands?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by illogical, Jan 6, 2012.

1. illogical

illogical New Member

Hi!
    I would like to assign a few functions to my key commands from the transform menu in the piano roll page that are:

1) velocity limiter (set to "fix" at 100...)

2) fixed note length

Please help me!

Thanks

3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Command 4 opened the transform page. Make a preset that does what you want, and select it from the transform list. That is the only way I can think to do it. It would actually be pretty fast once the transform script was completed.

4. georgelegeriii

Here's how you program the transformer page:

Command 4 opens the transformer page, then do this:

Open the "Quantize note Length" template, unchecked the "Hide unused Parameters", then Logic said I was about to alter a template and did I want to... press yes.

Enter these values under these conditions:

Status = note
    Velocity Fix 100
    Length Fix and then in the bottom tab the length you want it to be.
    That should do it...

5. illogical

illogical New Member

Thank you. It works! Can i ask you another question?
    I wanna short cut the Quantize Value as well to change the parameters on the keyboard...at least I'd like to go "up and down". On Cubase I had 1/1 key 1, 1/2 on key 2 and so on...is it possible on Logic? Thanks for your help.

6. georgelegeriii

just add the pitch parameter and pick what you want it to do.

7. Eli

Eli Senior member

There's no real key commands per se to control individual transform window parameters. The closest thing you can do is to set up a real time transformer object in the environment. Then connect a fader or real time switcher of some sort to control the parameter. You should be able to then assign a MIDI not to change the values. Be warned though, this is a bit cumbersome to set up.

8. illogical

illogical New Member

I have to apologize because I didn't use the right words...I'll try again.
    When you write midi information you want to quantize them quickly especially when you're composing and you don't wanna waste time fixing the part pressing a lot of buttons...that's why I'd like to assign key commands to the quantize values like, for example:

1 to 1/2 (quantize value parameter)
    2 to 1/4 (quantize value parameter)
    3 to 1/8 (quantize value parameter)
    4 to 1/16 (quantize value parameter)
    etc...

With 2 clicks on my computers keyboard I would go really fast for every midi track recorded.
    I already assigned (as a test) some key commands to the snap parameters to be able to move from "smart" to "sample" functions without using my mouse...basically I would like to do the same with the quantize values...does it make any sense to you?
    The quantize parameters in Cubase are on the main arrangement page and in the piano roll page as well, which makes it easier to me.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks!

9. Eli

Eli Senior member

Why not just use the quantize functions in the region parameter section of the inspector?

These can be controlled by key commands. Open you key commands window and type in Quantize in the search field. You'll see the three basic region parameter commands pertaining to Quantizing that you need.

Attached Files:

10. illogical

illogical New Member

It works for me. Thanks for your support!
    I'll keep testing the software without expecting it to do exactly what Cubase does but at least I'll try to be set the minimum functions I've been use to for over 16 years...you know what I mean!

11. Eli

Eli Senior member

Well, FWIW, for bread and butter region based MIDI parameters (quantize, duration, velocity, delay, etc) you'll find all the main functions right there in the region parameter section in the upper left of the Arrange Window.