1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X How To Change Audio Interface On Imported Logic Platinum 4 Projects?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Yarrow, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Yarrow

Yarrow New Member

Hi all, I have recently been going through very old audio-only project archives and have some Logic Platinum 4 projects that I'd like to play with in Logic Pro X. I've used Logic Express 7 to re-save them in a format Logic Pro X can read, but I am having trouble remembering (?) how to change the audio interface the tracks are assigned to. They are all assigned to my long-gone Audiowerk8 and MOTU 2408 MkI interfaces- hah! When I click on the mixer outputs they are all greyed-out, and my current interface doesn't seem to be an option. Can anyone give me a quick clue on how to change the track output assignments?

Thanks!

Yarrow

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

I could be mistaken, but it looks like you're asking how to to assign the outputs in Logic Pro X.

Is your current interface showing up in the Mac OSX Audio MIDI Setup utility?
    Is your interface selected in the Logic menu>Preferences>Audio?

4. Yarrow

Yarrow New Member

Thanks for your reply! For now I am trying to just use the built-in outputs on my Macbook Pro, so yes, they are showing up and yes I have that selected in Preferences>Audio. It seems like the tracks themselves are "hardwired" to my old interface- maybe in the Environment? I can create a new track and drag the audio onto it and then it will play, but I can't get the audio to play on the tracks they were recorded on.

5. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

I have Logic Pro 7 so I don't know if this will work with Logic Express.

Open your Logic 4 song in Logic 7.
    In Logic 7, go to the main Audio menu and select [Audio Configuration].
    In the window that opens, go to the Device menu and select Audiowerk.
    In the local Edit menu, select Copy.
    Then go back to the Device menu and select Core Audio.
    Go back to the Edit Menu and Paste.
    You'll get an alert, which you accept, then the whole Environment config should be copied across to a Core Audio setup.
    Save the Project - under a different name for safety.

This re-saved version should work perfectly in Logic Pro X.

6. Colin Shapiro

PS:
    The above set of instructions is useful if you have lots of plugins and settings on your various channels.
    If you simply want to set the Audio objects to Core audio, do this:
    Select the Audio channels in the Environment window.
    In the Inspector, Click on Channel.
    At the bottom of the selector that pops ups, you'll see Audiowerk (greyed-out) and also Core Audio.
    Simply select Core Audio and you should get sound.

7. Yarrow

Yarrow New Member

Thank you, Colin! Logic Express does not have [Audio Configuration] under the Audio menu, unfortunately, it has Audio Hardware and Drivers... which is the same thing I can access via the Preferences. I actually own Logic Pro 7 (Logic Studio) but haven't used it in years and fear the dongle is long lost :(

Your second method works, and since most of the plugins I used back in the day are now defunct and these were pretty simple mixes anyway I think that may do me just fine. THANK YOU!

Yarrow

8. Colin Shapiro

You're most welcome. Glad it works...