Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to connect Benchmark DAC-1 to Apogee ad16x?

Discussion in 'Studio Techniques' started by daveyboy, Mar 18, 2013.

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Today I decided to do some digital de-cluttering. I'm running an Apogee Symphony 64 card and an AD16x. It's routed into an old motu 2408 and then goes into my mackie d8b which feeds the dac-1. This is an older dac-1 btw, that I've had for a good 7-8 years probably. Anyway, the dac-1 is not "seeing" any activity from the apogee. I've been using the xlr digital in from the mackie all these years without issue. I've double checked that the toggle on the front of the dac is correct. I've also taken it apart and checked that the jumper is set so that one uses the toggle to select the input. I've also tried the optical out from a 2408 that I know also works, without out success. I'm thinking this input may just not work, unless there's a thing I need to do within symphony/maestro software. I've emailed benchmark and am awaiting a reply. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

It looks like the Benchmark wants to see a stereo signal, thus won't work with a normal 8 channel light pipe feed. Is there any way to set up the apogee to output stereo only?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. Ebko

Ebko New Member

You can use the AES/EBU to connect them.