1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 How to convert project from 48k to 96k?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by JLonderee, Apr 1, 2010.

1. JLonderee

JLonderee New Member

I want to upsample my entire project from 48k to 96k.

I have 49 audio tracks.

Is there a simple way to do this?
  3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

Select all tracks and then copy/convert to 96k. Then change the setting to 96 k in File>Project Settings>Audio.

You will need to save to a different directory as file names will be the same, unless you also convert wav to aiff or vice versa.
  4. JLonderee

JLonderee New Member

Thanks man, I really appreciate your help. (Seems like there should be a button for that. "Change Project Sample Rate" Click.

Second time this week LUG helped me out. Thanks again!
  5. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

Ideally there would be something that converts the audiofiles along with the change of project setting. (Or maybe there is and I've missed it?)

Or a safer option would be to include this in the "save as" dialogue - ie "save as new project, convert sample rate of project and all audio files"
  6. doofus

doofus Member

I found over the last week or so that sometimes I could select all files in the audio bin and save to the same location with a different sample rate, and other times it would say I couldn't because the file name/s were the same. All the songs were from the same project and it wasn't a case of changing from wav to aiff or whatever...just seemed like inconsistent behavior. I was stuck until I realized that if I changed the box where it says "33 files to be converted" to say something else, I could then convert all the files, but then in the audio bin the primary name of each file would be changed to "33 files to be converted", which is kind of stupid. (the "secondary" name of each file would still be the same, thankfully). I am kind of baffled as to why sometimes it would work and other times I had to do it this way, which isn't really the ideal way to have things...