Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get an album done as a singer songwriter

Discussion in 'Music Creation' started by Excluded, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Excluded

Excluded Member

Hi I'm wondering what opinions people have on which path I should take trying to record two albums.

Ones mainstream & ones alternative rock.
    I'm a singer & have a lot of songs written & want to work with a producer or someone who can do pre production then record.
    I think it will take too long to find players to create a band so is the best path to work with a producer then get studio musicians to play the music how I want ????

Any ideas would be appreciated

3. michaelo

michaelo LUG Emeritus

The fast way is probably to work with a producer and session guys. It takes an unknowable amount of time and effort to form a great band. Of course, it can be just as hard finding the right producer for you. One way is find a producer and work on one or two tracks to see if there is a good working relationship before committing to a whole album with any particular producer. You might want to try it with several. A good producer will have preferred musicians but you should not feel locked to them if you think they are not right. You are in charge.

4. Excluded

Excluded Member

Thanks