1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X How to input chord symbols to sheet made from midi file?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by SamiK, Aug 17, 2015.

1. SamiK

SamiK New Member

I want to know if there is easy way to make chord sheets without typing every chord separately? I can now play with my MIDI keyboard and get simple sheet from Logic, but as I am a bass player, would be very nice to convert those notes automatically to chord symbols (Em7 etc.).
    I am new with Logic Pro X and I was hoping that I could also use some "step write" -system when I input those chords into sheets with my keys.
    I am hoping that after all I can make easily a chord sheet which includes also actual notes on those parts of the song where it is needed to play some important bassline.

I am sorry if there already was a thread made if this kind of problem.

Thank You.
  3. EdgarRothermich

EdgarRothermich Senior member

Sorry that functionality does not exist in Logic, you have to enter the chords manually into the Score.Once you have the first few chords entered, you can just opt+drag the chord symbols to their different places.

LPX only displays the Chords automatically in the Control Bar Display based on incoming MIDI notes.
    LP9 had at least the Global Chord Track, but that was removed in LPX (One of the big losses, I still don't get over it)
  4. SamiK

SamiK New Member

OK thanks for quick answer. Luckily basic pop song does not have very many different chords, so perhaps I can live with draging