Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X How to make overlapping regions continuous/sequential

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by volovicg, Sep 12, 2015.

1. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

I have three regions.
    1/ region 1 goes from bars 1-10
    2/ region 2 goes from bars 5-15
    3/ region 3 goes from bars 10-20
    So they are overlapping.

Objective is make them continous resulting in the following....
    1/ region 1 goes from bars 1-10
    2/ region 2 goes from bars 10-20
    3/ region 3 goes from bars 20-30

Trying to do this in one step (I have 50 regions such as this I want to make continuous without removing overlaps.
    Any ideas?
  3. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

off subject - I tried to correct/edit topic to fix the typo - couldn't find how to do that?
  4. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

I'm not sure if an object distribution function that provides control over the region move distance is available. It would be useful to select overlapping, then shuffle selected regions end to end in one click.

A thought: You could place an empty region at the ending bar number of the desired continuous range. With the Event List open, starting at the bottom, click on the last of the overlapping regions, then use Shuffle Right command: "⌥ ]" . Up arrow to select the next region, "⌥ ]", repeat.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  5. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Not ideal if you have 50 regions, but great idea/suggestion on the event list open with the option right bracket recommendation.
    That is excellent! Thank You
  6. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

7. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Good to hear.

I couldn't come up with a solution to do it in one click, but did find the option-right bracket and arrow key a relatively quick way to move through regions in the Event List.