Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to prevent "Reset on Start" in LPX?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Tangra, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

How do I prevent "Reset on Start" in LPX?

Hi all,

Logic sends Note OFF reset during Transport start if there are some held down MIDI Note Keys. This is a self-protection feature regarding the error "hanging" MIDI Notes.
    However I need a setting where I can enable/disable this behavior for a very special setup. For example there is a similar setting in the Cubase MIDI Preferences - "Reset on Stop".
    I can not find such setting in Logic - enable/disable "Reset on Start"?

PS. I do not need Note Chasing or any workarounds, just a Project Setting if any.

3. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

There are references to "no reset checkbox" in a few places in the manual, but it looks like these only apply to VIs so you can vary automation and hear the effect. Maybe there's a way to filter out Note Off messages that would do what you want, assuming Logic does this by sending these before starting playback.

4. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Thanks for the input. Nope, you can not filter the Note Off messages sent on Start. Logic registers all sustained Note events (if any) during the Stop command and sends Note Off reset messages to those Notes "On Start". This is a TOP level feature cause it is designed as self-protection one.
    The Logic Sequencer object is organized into internal "Macros" which are routed in a very specific way. Some of them hi-jack all Channel Strip plugins and processing and go directly to the Instrument. I created a MIDI FX script which "listens" the Start/Stop commands and filters any reset messages generated form the Logic sequencer. However it did not work - Logic hi-jacks the MIDI FX slot. Anyway I have a solution for my needs... I was wondering if there is a Global Preference like in Cubase?