1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to quickly break up a long recording

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by yavuz, Jan 13, 2015.

1. yavuz

yavuz Senior member

I did a new live recording to publish a live recorded CD.
    I had to open a session for each night ( 3 nights all together ) and let Logic roll for the whole night. Now, I want to be able break them up into sessions for each song instead of a long 2 hour sessions.

What is the quickest way to do this in Logic Pro X?

Here is link of a video form that night:
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=778675698872814

3. Melvin Morranis

Melvin Morranis New Member

I don't think there's a super quick way to do this. You would probably have to do a save as, chop down to one song, save, open the original, save as next song, chop down to that song, etc.. at least that way they would all be in the same session folder and working off the same audio files.

I recorded a similar set up and decided to just mix everything in one session since the process was set and forget for the mic press etc. I set a basic idea of texture/eq, and panning for each track and use automation to catch the intricacies of each song. Then just set the locators to each song length and bounced the songs individually.

4. jesseklapholz

jesseklapholz New Member

Just select all the tracks, put the playhead where you want to edit, then simply cut the tracks at the playhead position. You can now, if you wish, select the portions of the track and copy and paste them into a new file. I do the same type of work and just split th tracks. Using them in place and edit out noise. I then use "alternates" for each mix I do, then bounce the whole mix, minus the master channel plugins, and upsample to 96k, this gives much better results when mastering, and especially better results, i.e., no detectable artifacts when using flextime and pitch corrx.

5. Melvin Morranis

Melvin Morranis New Member

By new file, so you mean a new logic session file or a new audio file? This would have implications on using alternates and upsample to 96k. Any chance you would elaborate on the process, it sounds cool