Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 How to set up new project template to open project in a secondary internal HD

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by mike47, Apr 21, 2012.

1. mike47

mike47 New Member

I want to be able to create a new project template that when it is opened, it opens the new project on a secondary internal digital HD (strictly utilized for recording my new projects or re-opening saved projects), I do not want to have new projects open on the main/primary hard drive where I have logic pro 9 stored. Can someone PLEASE advise me on how to do this, as it used to be possible when I was using Logic 7.

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

When a Project Template is opened, you are immediately prompted with a file dialogue box to name it and save it somewhere. It is at this point where you determine where the location of the project will be. The mere act of launching a template doesn't open it anywhere in specific until you save it.

4. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

I second Eli, I even tried to create an alias and boot from that thinking it might open or try and save to the same drive the file was on, but no luck, it just defaults back to the Logic folder in the Music folder in your main User folder in your main drive.

That said, it is easy enough to just select your record folder when asked to create a name for your new song, isn't it?

5. mike47

mike47 New Member

Thanks Eli. I was so impressed by your quick reply that I went to Groove3 and signed up for the all access program so I can utilize all of your tutorials. Thanks

6. Eli

Eli Senior member

Wow, thanks! Enjoy :D