Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 7 & earlier HOW TO UPGRADE - from LOGIC PRO 7.1 to 7.2.0 ?

Discussion in 'Logic 7 and older Versions' started by skaaalll, Feb 17, 2011.

1. skaaalll

skaaalll New Member

Hi there !

I am running a LOGIC PRO 7.1 (orignal with XS-Key) that I would like to UPGRADE to 7.2.0

I'm NOT searching for UPDATE !

just searching for 7.2.0 Version.

Thanks to everybody having ideas about it ! :beer:

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

The Upgrade to Logic 7.2 (the first ever Intel compatible/Universal Binary version of Logic) from Logic 7.0 or 7.1 was available for a limited period of time as a paid upgrade and had to be ordered from Apple on DVD, it was never available as a download.

Apple gave notice in May 2007 that the DVDs would no longer be available after June 2007. Logic 8 was released a few months later, in September 2007.

You can however upgrade your Logic Pro 7.1 to Logic Studio, including Logic Pro 9.

kind regards

4. skaaalll

skaaalll New Member

Thank you Mark
    for your detailed explanation
    about this LOGIC PRO 7.2 UPGRADE...
    Its Birth :) ... its Life :) ... And its Death :( ...

About your proposal to UPGRADE to a NEWER UPGRADE (Logic 9)
    My Computer is not strong enough to go over LOGIC PRO 7:
    • Mac G4 BiPro 1,25Ghz
    • Mac OS X 10.4.11
    • LOGIC PRO 7.1
    It seems that there is no more Solution for me... :huh:
    Or to find one of these S.F. machine
    to go in the Past...

5. Markdvc

Skaal, if you are running a G4 then 7.2 is not vitally important for you, it's main benefit was for Intel Macs.

kind regards

6. trenchrun

trenchrun New Member

I am in the same boat: imac g4 logic express 7.1 academic (ppc only)..everything ive done is in this format. how can i get all my project to open on a new imac with logic 9??

do i need to find logic 7.2 (universal binary), buy it, load it onto my g4, resave everything THEN open it in logic 9?

7. Markdvc

Save them in 7.1 on your G4, then copy them onto the new Mac, they will open in Logic 9.

kind regards