1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 I don't get how to move audio regions

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by edurbrow, Jul 29, 2011.

1. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

I played a guitar part that is not perfect and I want to move regions around. I use the scissors tool and can slide regions forwards and backwards with the pointer tool. So let's say a note was played too late. I cut it and move it backwards in time so it lines up with the beat. What I want to do is extend the audio region after it to the left to fill the silence and put a cross fade if necessary. I was able to do that, but sometimes when I pull the edge I just get a line instead of a wave form. I see that there are takes below it, but only one take. I wish I could just hide all the takes and just work on the comp. I try to just work on the comp because the takes are really just drop-ins where I stopped and started again, not truly different takes. When I try to edit the take the cursor sometimes turns into a double bar rather than a squared C. I hope this makes sense.

Attached Files:

3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Flatten your comp...
  4. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

Thanks. That seems to work. There is a little triangular white line on the right edge. Is that some kind of fade? There are quite a lot of regions but I couldn't find a way to flatten all in one command. Do you have to do them individually?
    Thanks again.
  5. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

Read the manual.
  6. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member