Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 I need midi help!

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by beardofzeus, Dec 9, 2009.

1. beardofzeus

beardofzeus New Member

EXS24 help

How do I get a recorded sequence to trigger a sampled instrument I made in the EXS24? I can create, playback, and save my sampled instrument and trigger it from my keyboard but when I go to record my sequence the notes show up but there is no sound when I try to play it back.
    What am I doing wrong?
  3. beardofzeus

beardofzeus New Member

Anybody out there? I'm losing my hair over here
  4. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

If you hear the EXS24 instrument when playing live, then something is muting your sound on playback.

- Did you record in cycle mode? You say the notes are there. Maybe the region has been muted?

- Is the Arrange track muted?

- Is another mixer channel in solo mode? Another Arrange track solo'ed?

Try opening a brand new song and start again with a "clean slate" - just to test this.
  5. beardofzeus

beardofzeus New Member

Opening a new song seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the response.
    By the way, how do you mute and unmute regions?
  6. hsdrecording

hsdrecording Member

select them and press m. or use the mute tool.
  7. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

This will work if you still use the default key commands.
    You can modify these in the Key Commands window, which you open by pressing [option]-k . . . . though this is another default command. :D
  8. beardofzeus

beardofzeus New Member

Thanks for the tips. Is it possible to use more than one exs track in a project? When I try and setup a new instrument on a different track, it automatically changes my existing exs instrument.
  9. Eli

Eli Senior member

You can use a huge number of EXS instances (I think 256 is the current theoretical max?). How are you creating the new track? You have to make sure it is actually a new track and not just a copy of the original one.

The new track should have a blank "input" filed - where you can call up a new EXS 24 instance. If your new track already has an EXS 24 instantiated, then you are creating an additional copy of the track, and not a "new" one - presuming of course that you are starting from an empty project and not one that has several EXS 24s preloaded.
  10. beardofzeus

beardofzeus New Member

ahh thanks. Sorry for all the newbish questions.