Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 I/O Label sets

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by zoff, Nov 1, 2010.

1. zoff

zoff New Member

Is there a way to save I/O label sets. I work with different interfaces and also with an Aggregate Device setup for multiple interfaces, and would like to be able to switch between I/O sets that would correspond with the interface that I'm using at the moment. This can be easily done with ProTools but I don't see how with Logic.

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

I haven't tried this, but you should be able to accomplish what you want by manipulating the I/O labels file that's in your User --> Library --> Application Support --> Logic folder. All the user I/O label settings are stored in there. So, create a set as you like, then move it out of the folder and store it somewhere else. Logic should then generate a new I/O labels file next time you relaunch Logic and reassign some of the I/O label names (to suit your alternate interface or aggregate device setup).

So, by doing this, you can create the different label sets, and then just manually replace the correct I/O Labels file in that location as needed.

As I said I haven't tried this, but it _should_ work. Maybe it's not as elegant as having the management built in to the Logic interface. But it should get the job done.....

4. Rounik

Rounik Member

Hi

Since Logic 9.1.1 the I/O Labels file is no longer stored in [Your User name]/Library/Application Support/Logic/
    In fact, you might find it there, but Logic won't read it. Instead the I/O Labels info is stored in the Logic Preferences file:
    [Your User name]/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.plist

You can back up this file, but all your global preferences will be stored there, and should you wish to replace the existing Preferences file with the backup pref file, it will overwrite any global preference changes you have made.

If you're using a version of Logic prior to 9.1.1 then what Eli says should work fine.

:)

Rounik

5. zoff

zoff New Member

Thanks. It seems like Logic 9.1.3 only reads the IO Labels file when the plist file has been deleted. So much for writing an AppleScript to swap out the IO Labels file :(

6. Eli

Eli Senior member

Interesting. Good to know. I wonder why they did that?

7. mk3

mk3 Senior member

Better still would be the ability to save I/O labels per project. It's very useful to be able to name buses, but the bus setup is different in every project. Furthermore, moving between studios creates mass confusion if (as is likely) the 2 studios name their buses differently. If the bus names were stored in the project, instead of in global presets, this would resolve such problems. That's how DP does it, I believe.

mk3

8. Eli

Eli Senior member

Yeah, that would be ideal.

9. jlproductions

jlproductions Member

YES! mk3 - this has always puzzled me - doesn't make any sense - like storing delay compensation globally and not per song.

10. mk3

mk3 Senior member

Please suggest this to Apple also!
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/logicpro.html
    I am just sending in a request myself. Presumably Apple prioritizes these requests by demand....
    mk3