1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to compensate the processing delay between the 2 DAWS

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Hi!Loc, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Hi!Loc

Hi!Loc New Member

I'm Pro Tools 10 HD user on one mac and Logic Pro X on another sync is OK.

I want to compensate the processing delay between the 2 DAWS so I look for anyone who have the experience of this.

I've try on several forum "2 Logic, PT, Linkedin, Gearzluts " on YouTube I've found one between PT who seems to work but with Logic it doesn't.

Do you kwon somebody who use the same?

My audio connection is via SPDIF (192 and Mbox third gen )
    MTC via network

3. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

I assume you are concerned about delay caused by audio that travels back and forth between the apps and therefore is not subject to ADC. Otherwise, sync shouldn't be an issue.

I sometimes connect two instances of DP, or DP to Logic on two different Macs, and have audio in one instance processed in the other and sent back. I have AUX channels set up to send and receive audio in each application, and insert AUDelay to compensate for the latency. To figure out the amount of delay, just send some audio on a round trip, record it and see how many samples late it arrives.

Alternatively, if you have both apps on one Mac, you can use the 64 channel version of Soundflower to link them. Send everything on a round trip and it will all get the same delay.

4. Hi!Loc

Hi!Loc New Member

Hi and Happy new year 2015, Mr Bayswater
    Thank for the reply
    I've try to day to understand the situation
    You wrote; I assume you are concerned about delay caused by audio that travels back and forth between the apps and therefore is not subject to ADC.
    Yes that the idea.
    Otherwise, sync shouldn't be an issue.
    that's where one issue is.
    I've tryed to use the analog out of the MBox in // of my summing....nightmare

I have the "Sync IO" who's the master clock and generate the MTC in Pro Tools then send via network in the Logic (2nd Mac). The clock come out off a spdif of one 192 to the MBox. Everything is accepted but when I go in the audio preferences I found a deviation who's variated in the mode "MTC continuous". The MBox interface is in sync (blue light power is not flashing)
    I'm lost

5. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried using Logic as Master? I haven't gone near this for many years/versions of logic, but back then Logic had to be Master.

kind regards

Mark

6. Hi!Loc

Hi!Loc New Member

Hi Mark

It is stable and the delay is very short 36 samples in audio.
    But unfortunly the sync IO is not the house clock anymore (may be it is the faulty unit)
    I am running MTC via MBox and my old Midisport USB
    Now want to know if PT can be master

7. Hi!Loc

Hi!Loc New Member

Mark I confirm that Logic as master is stable and I have another delay now who's shorter.
    I've in Project settins/Synchro/audio a deviation in negativ who has shorter the delay.

The only solution I've found to put it to zero is to unplug the Mbox then back in redo a new recording and get the best delay I never had

So for me something is wrong