1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identical USB-devices not recognized in LogicPro.

Discussion in 'Studio Techniques' started by Urban Utan, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Urban Utan

Urban Utan New Member

Identical USB-devices not recognized in LogicPro.

Hi everybody,

I wanted to make some quadraphonic music with Logic Pro 9.1.7 (32-bit), OSX 10.6.8 .

So I bought myself two identical sets of active USB-speakers (Akai RPM3)

I plugged-in the first set, it was recognized by LogicPro.

I plugged-in the second set: this was NOT recognized by LogicPro

Logic probably thinks that only one set is connected, because the sets are identical.

So no quadro.

However, the two USB-speakersets ARE recognized by the Audio-MIDI-Setup.app .

And also by the System Profiler.app .

So it can be done.

Is there a work-around?

Kind regards,

Urban Utan
    Rotterdam.

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

What audio interface are you using? Is it one with at least four outputs? Are the four speakers plugged into four separate outputs on it?

It's not the speakers that Logic "talks to", it's the audio interface. Is that being recognized by Logic. Do you have two output pairs set up (or four mono outputs), with each one routed to the appropriate output?

.... I just googled your Akai RPM3 speakers, and I see that they are audio interfaces as well as powered speakers. So, they are your audio interface, and each one is only 2 in and 2 out.

So, you will need to set them up as an Aggregate Device if you want to use them together and address all four speakers independently. You can set this up in Audio/MIDI Setup.

4. Urban Utan

Urban Utan New Member

problem solved

Hi Eli,

Great advise!

An Aggregate Device.

The USB-speakers work fine now.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Urban Utan
    Rotterdam.

5. Eli