Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Import Project Settings Chaning AUX I/O

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by orcasound, Jul 14, 2011.

1. orcasound

orcasound Member

Good Day -
    my assistant is working up a mix template so that he is able to mix prep client tracks. Typically we use the same bus numbers (50-64) for Sub groups, etc. and bus 1-10 for effects, etc. - He has successfully created a template in L9, howewer when he attempts to import settings into the current project, the input assignments 50-64, etc, default and are changed starting at bus 1, 2, 3, etc.
    He IS selecting to import I/O and AUX info ..
    Does Logic not remember the exact Bus number on import ?

orca sound
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

FWIW, I have found this to be problematic as well. When importing tracks that include aux/bus assignments, they do seem to get messed up. Logic does not seem to respect the original assignments in the source project. If anyone knows a work around, I am curious too.
  4. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

No it gets fubar.
  5. orcasound

orcasound Member

wow - it would be nice if they would make this work - it kind of puts a real damper on setting up and importing templates come mixing time.
    I assume, it could be done backwards- set up the template with bus, sub groups, effects, etc. - then when the work in progress - is ready for the next stage (mixing) - start a new project from the mix template - and then import audio , etc in from there.

btw, ELi - I like the way you mention - "Logic doesnt seem to respect" - typical Apple mentality - from how we should hold our phones to what Bus numbers we should be using.... ultimately we'll learn to do it their way. lol