1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Import tracks from a hard drive

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Kemper Watson, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Kemper Watson

Kemper Watson New Member

I would like to use Logic X to finish recordings after they are on a USB hard drive. How do I set the program up to see the drive?.. I have 18 tracks on the drive..The Logic Pro X book I have doesn't go into setting up this configuration.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Press Browsers (that is the icon in the top right hand corner of Logic's main window), then ->Project ->Audio File, add Audio File, navigate to the Folder on the Hard Drive that your Audio Files are on, double click on those you want, press done.

Alternatively, have your screen set up with both Logic and the finder visible, the finder should show the folder containing the files you want, just drag them into the main window of your logic project.

kind regards

Mark

4. Kemper Watson

Kemper Watson New Member

Thank you.. Will the tracks align themselves? There are 14 of them.. I have a template set up with 16 tracks. Thanks again in advance..

Edit: There are 18 available tracks on the console I use, an Allen & Heath QU24. I recorded 14 tracks.. I would like to process the tracks and use Logic in that respect..

5. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Drag them into the tracks area, ensure that each one gets its own track. They should all have the same starting position - is that what you mean?

kind regards

Mark

6. Kemper Watson

Kemper Watson New Member

Exactly what I mean.. Thank you..I'll let you know..
    Thanks

7. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

If it's a logic project, just open it.

:thmbup:

8. Kemper Watson

Kemper Watson New Member

It's not a Logic Project. It was recorded to a USB hard drive on an Allen n Heath QU24

9. Kemper Watson

Kemper Watson New Member

For anyone else that needs to load a hard drive, just drag it to Track One..It will align itself with the tracks in Logic..