1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X imported .wav file running at incorrect rate

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by canalstreet1, Nov 19, 2015.

1. canalstreet1

canalstreet1 New Member

Hey All.
    I’m a singer/songwriter.
    I work with musicians all over the world and regular receive files of all formats.
    Recently got a .wav file from a fiddle player.
    When I import into the file into logic the region created is substantially longer than it should be and the file is obviously running at a different rate than the 77bpm that we both work to.
    Sync drifts over time.
    I suspect the cause on his end (he’s new to me) but just wanted to see if anyone could suggest where I might look on my end before I start hounding him to fix his end.

I'm not a noob, but I’ve never seen this particular issue.
    Thanks

3. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Is the pitch wrong too? If it is, he probably recorded at a different sample rate than you did. Logic should really convert the sample rate on import, but maybe he's already done some kind of incorrect conversion (pitch-shift perhaps?) that fooled Logic into thinking it was already converted. If that's it, you could try time-compressing and/or pitch shifting until it lines up with your track. Alternately, perhaps he's not very good with recording technology, and has learned his part listening to your track, then just recorded his part wild without a time reference. Whatever it is, you should contact him and ask him what steps he took to create the file he sent you, and maybe you can figure out how to create a less digitally-manipulated file to work with. Good luck!